An important step in refinancing your auto loan is updating your vehicle title with your new lender's name. To do this, you'll need to complete a limited power of attorney (LPOA) form so we can update the lender name on your vehicle title from your previous lender to LendingClub Bank. When we’re ready to start the title transfer process, we’ll email documents for you to fill out and mail back to us. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to submit your title transfer documents:
- Download and review the LPOA form. The information from your application is pre-filled on the form, but you’ll want to double-check that everything is correct.
Note: The name on the form should match the name on your title. If it doesn't, please call 888-845-0010 Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4 pm Pacific Time to get a corrected form.
- Sign and date the form by hand. If your state requires that the LPOA must be notarized, take the form to a notary public before you sign it so you can sign it in the notary’s presence. If you own the car with another person, both car owners will need to sign the form in the notary’s presence. (Don’t worry, we’ll let you know if your state requires this.)
- If applicable, have the notary public fill out the bottom portion of the form.
Note: For your protection, you’ll need to show a government-issued photo ID to the notary public.
- Go to your To-Do List and print the prepaid shipping label.
- Mail the original documents using the pre-paid shipping label to:
P.O. Box 729
Wilmington, OH 45177
Tips on filling out the title transfer documents
We want to make the best use of your time, so here are a few tips when you fill out the form to ensure we can accept it:
- Print clearly or type in the fields.
- Sign both forms by hand—digital signatures aren’t allowed.
- Don’t cross anything out or use correction fluid. If you make any mistakes, please download and fill out a new form.
- Mail the original forms to us—don’t send copies.