When you refinance your car, we request that you complete a limited Power of Attorney (POA) form so we can transfer your car title from your previous lender to us. A POA shows that you have authorized the title transfer.
- Download and review the pre-populated form. We use the information from your application to pre-populate the document and make the process easier for you, but please double-check that the information is correct.
- Sign and date.
Note: If your POA needs to be notarized, you’ll need to sign the document in a notary public’s presence. For jointly owned cars, you’ll both need to sign in a notary public’s presence.
- If your state requires that a POA is notarized (we’ll let you know if it does), have the notary public fill out the bottom portion of the form. To find a notary public, see What is a notary public and where do I find one?
Note: For your protection, you’ll need to show a government-issue photo ID to the notary public.
- Mail the completed and signed originals using the pre-paid shipping label to:
PO Box 729
Wilmington, OH 45177
We want to make the best use of your time, so here are a few tips when you fill out the form to ensure we can accept it:
- Print clearly or type in the fields.
- Sign both original forms instead of using a digital signature.
- Don’t cross out or use correction fluid. If you make any mistakes, please fill out a new form.
- Mail the original forms to us—don’t send copies.