An important step in refinancing your auto loan is updating your vehicle title with your new lender's name. To do this, you'll need to complete a limited power of attorney (LPOA) form so we can update the lender name on your vehicle title from your previous lender to LendingClub.
- Download and review the LPOA form. The information from your application pre-fills the form, but it's best to double-check that the information is correct.
The name on the form should match the name on your title. If it doesn't, give us a call at 888-845-0010 Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm Pacific time to get a corrected form.
- Sign and date the form by hand.
Note: If your LPOA needs to be notarized, you’ll need to sign the document in a notary public’s presence. For jointly owned cars, you’ll both need to sign in a notary public’s presence.
- If your state requires that an LPOA is notarized, have the notary public fill out the bottom portion of the form. We'll let you know if your state requires this! To find a notary public, see What is a notary public and where do I find one?
Note: For your protection, you’ll need to show a government-issue photo ID to the notary public.
- Go to your To-Do List, and print the prepaid shipping label.
- Mail the completed and signed originals using the pre-paid shipping label to:
P.O. Box 729
Wilmington, OH 45177
We want to make the best use of your time, so here are a few tips when you fill out the form to ensure we can accept it:
- Print clearly or type in the fields.
- Sign both original forms by hand instead of using a digital signature.
- Don’t cross out or use correction fluid. If you make any mistakes, please fill out a new form.
- Mail the original forms to us—don’t send copies.
Find out more about LPOA documents and why they're important in this short video about transferring your vehicle title.