The 4506-T is an IRS tax form that lets us request past tax returns, W-2, and 1099 transcripts that help us confirm your income. If you need to submit this form, you'll see it on your To-Do List. You can download it right there, or you can also get it from the IRS.
1. Complete the form.
Line 1a Enter your name as it's shown on your tax returns.
Line 1b Enter your Social Security number.
Line 3 Enter your current address.
Line 4 If you filed with a different address, enter that address here.
Line 5a Enter:
c/o Tax Verification Services
30 Executive Park
Irvine, CA 92614
Line 6 Enter your tax form number.
Line 6c Check this box.
Line 9 Enter the tax years for the number of tax years requested.
For example, enter 12/31/2016 for the 2016 tax year.
Check the box above the signatures, and then sign and date the form.
2. Submit it to us.
- It’s best to scan and upload the form right in your To-Do List. The IRS doesn’t accept images, so you’ll want to scan the form and upload it as a PDF.
- If you’d rather fax it in, be sure to use the fax cover sheet from your To-Do List so we can match your fax with your loan.
You'll want to make sure to send the form to us in one of the ways described above. Unfortunately, we're not able to accept links to documents from online storage services such as Google Drive, Box, etc.
Just a few other tips when you fill out the form to make sure the IRS accepts it:
- Print clearly or type.
- Only use black ink to fill out the form.
- Physically sign the document. E-signatures or unsigned forms will not be accepted by the IRS.
- Don’t cross out or use correction fluid. If you make any mistakes, It's best to fill out a new form.
- Scan or fax the form to us—don’t send a picture of it. The IRS won't accept photos.