We use this IRS tax form to request past tax return, W-2, and 1099 transcripts from the IRS. With a completed form, we can quickly receive this data to help us verify your income. If we’ve requested that you submit this form, you can download it right from your To-Do List or from the IRS.
- Fill out these fields:
- Line 1a: enter your name as it appears on your tax returns.
- Line 1b: enter your social security number.
- Line 3: enter your current address.
- Line 4: if you filed with a different address, then enter that address here.
- Line 5: enter c/o Tax Verification Services 30 Executive Park, Irvine, CA 92614.
- Line 6: enter 1040.
- Line 6c: Check this box.
- Line 9: enter the tax years for the number of tax years requested. For example, enter 12/31/2016 for the 2016 tax year.
- Check the box above the signatures, and then sign and date the form.
- Submit the form to us.
We want to make the best use of your time, so here are a few tips when you fill out the form to ensure the IRS accepts it:
- Print clearly or type in the fields.
- Don’t cross out or use correction fluid. If you make any mistakes, you’ll need to fill out a new form.
- Scan the document or fax it to us—don’t send a picture of your completed form.