Your funds, minus any origination fee and any amount that goes directly to other creditors, are deposited directly into the bank account you entered when applying. If you choose to make automatic payments, we withdraw your payments electronically from this same account.
Linking your bank account
Linking your bank account allows us to confirm the right place to send the funds.
- Select whether the bank account you’re providing is for a checking or savings account.
- Enter your name as it appears on your bank account.
- Enter your bank name, routing number, and account number.
For checking accounts, you’ll find this information at the bottom of your checks.
Note: Credit unions sometimes use a different account number for automatic transactions, like the ACH process we use for withdrawing payments. If you have a credit union account, confirm that you have the account number for ACH deposits and withdrawals.
Verifying your bank account
We need you to verify the bank account that’s linked to your LendingClub account. We initiate an electronic debit and a credit for the same amount (less than one dollar) from that account, which will post to the account within four business days.
To verify your bank account:
- Check your bank account online, by phone, or at a branch to determine the small amount LendingClub has withdrawn and deposited to your account.
- Sign in to your Account Summary.
- In the To-Do List, click the Verify Account
- In the Debit Amount field, enter the amount that was withdrawn and deposited to your bank account, and then click Submit.
Once you have successfully verified your bank account, a checkmark will appear next to that task in your To-Do List.
If you have trouble verifying your bank account, please contact your Client Advisor at 855-846-0153.