Once you open your Lending Club account, you will need to transfer funds into the account before you can make any investments.
(Please note the information below is for regular investment accounts. For IRAs, please click here for more information.)
You can transfer funds into your account in a variety of ways:
ACH (directly from your bank account):
- To move money into your Lending Club account via ACH (Automated Clearing House) transfer, log into your Lending Club account, click on the Transfer link on your Account Summary page, and enter your bank account information.
- You can schedule a one-time or a recurring transfer.
- A bank transfer initiated with your bank by 3pm PT M-F is typically posted to your Lending Club account at the end of 4 full business days.
- You can move funds back to your bank account via ACH transfer by logging in to your Lending Club account and clicking on the Withdraw Funds link on the Transfer page.
Wire Transfers (for non-IRAs):
- You can wire money into your Lending Club account by logging into your Lending Club account, clicking on the Transfer link on your Account Summary page, and using the instructions located on the “Wire Transfer” tab.
- A wire transfer received by Lending Club before 2:30 PT M-F will be posted to your account on the same day. If it is received after 2:30 PT, it will be posted on the next business day.
- Banks typically charge an $18-$25 fee for wire transfers. If your first wire transfer into your Lending Club account exceeds $1,000, we will deposit $25 into your Lending Club account to cover the expected wire transfer fee.
- Lending Club can only accept wire transfer requests where the name associated with the bank account matches the name associated with the Lending Club account.
Check (for non-IRAs):
- You can add funds to your account by mailing a check to Lending Club at the following address (be sure to write your Lending Club account ID on your check to ensure proper processing):
Dept # 34268
PO Box 39000
San Francisco, CA 94139
- Funds sent by check typically post to your Lending Club account within 7-10 business days from the date on which you mail the check. If you want to withdraw funds by check, Lending Club will mail a check in the name of the account owner to the address on record within 10 business days of receiving the request. Lending Club charges a $15 fee for withdrawals by check.
- Click here to learn more about transferring money to or from an IRA.