Once you open your LendingClub account, you will need to transfer funds into the account before you can make any investments.
(Please note the information below is for taxable investment accounts. For Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs), please click here for more information.)
You can transfer funds into your account in a variety of ways:
ACH (directly from your bank account):
- To move money into your LendingClub account via ACH (Automated Clearing House) transfer, log into your LendingClub account, click on the Transfer link on your Account Summary page, and enter your bank account information.
- You can schedule a one-time or a recurring transfer.
- A bank transfer initiated with your bank by 3 p.m. PT M-F is typically posted to your LendingClub account at the close of business after 4 full business days.
- You can move funds back to your bank account via ACH transfer by logging in to your LendingClub account and clicking on the Withdraw Funds link on the Transfer page.
Wire Transfers (for non-IRAs):
- You can wire money into your LendingClub account by logging into your LendingClub account, clicking on the Transfer link on your Account Summary page, and using the instructions located on the “Wire Transfer” tab.
- A wire transfer received by LendingClub before 2:30 p.m. PT M-F will be posted to your account on the same day. If it is received after 2:30 p.m. PT, it will be posted on the next business day.
- Banks typically charge an $18-$25 fee for wire transfers. If your first wire transfer into your LendingClub is at least $1,000, we will deposit $25 into your LendingClub account to cover the expected wire transfer fee. LendingClub will only waive this fee for taxable (non-IRA) accounts.
- LendingClub can only accept wire transfer requests where the name associated with the bank account matches the name associated with the LendingClub account.
Check (for non-IRAs):
- You can add funds to your account by mailing a check to LendingClub at the address below. Be sure to write your LendingClub account ID number on your check to ensure proper processing.
Dept. # 34268
P.O. Box 39000
San Francisco, CA 94139
- Funds sent by check typically post to your LendingClub account between 7-to-10 business days from the date you mail the check. If you want to withdraw funds by check, LendingClub will mail a check in the name of the account owner to the address on record within 10 business days of receiving the request. LendingClub charges a $15 fee for withdrawals by check.
- Click here to learn more about transferring money to or from an IRA.