Once you submit your application, we'll try to confirm your information on our own. Sometimes, we may need a few things from you to confirm your identity, income, or employment.
You can submit documents using your mobile device’s built-in camera. The fastest and easiest way to submit documents is to upload them right in your account. Check out your To-Do List to see what you have left to wrap up your application.
To upload documents from your mobile device:
- Sign in to your account.
- In your To-Do List, tap the document you want to upload.
- Tap the + icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Upload the document by taking a photo, selecting an image from your photo library, or browsing for the file.
When taking a picture, make sure the image is clear, and the whole document is visible in your view finder.
- If you want to submit additional pages or documents, tap Upload another.
You can upload up to 20 separate files for each document.
That's it! We get a notification about your document when it's added, so there's nothing you need to do to confirm that we've received it.
It may take up to four business days for us to review your documents. If we need anything else from you, we'll get in touch!
Tips on uploading
Follow these tips to make sure your documents are ready for review:
- File is 8 megabytes (MB) or smaller
- File type is GIF, JPG, PDF, PNG, or TIFF
- Document is clear legible
- Your name is on it
- Shows an address that matches the address you provided on your loan application, if relevant
- Document is current—not expired
- All pages are included (yes, even those weird blank ones at the end!)
- None of the pages are cut off
How to fax your documents
If you'd rather fax your documents, there's a customized fax cover sheet in your account at the bottom of your To-Do List.
- Click I'd prefer to fax my documentsat the bottom of your To-Do List.
- Select which documents you'd like to fax.
- Click Print Fax Cover Sheet, and fill it out.
- Fax the cover sheet with your documents to 415-276-6323.
If you don't have access to a printer, you can create a cover page instead. Just make sure it includes the following:
- Your name
- Your loan number
- Total number of pages in your fax