Every day, we're trying to make it simpler to apply for a loan. Once you submit your application, we'll try to confirm your information on our own. Sometimes, we may need a few things from you to confirm your identity, income, or employment.
You can send us documents using your mobile device’s built-in camera. The fastest and easiest way for you to provide documents is to upload them right in your To-Do List in your account, where you can see which documents you'll need to submit.
Prefer to upload from your computer? See how in this article.
Get some tips on uploading.
Prefer to fax your documents? See how in this article.
Here’s how to upload documents from your mobile device:
- Sign in to your account.
- In your To-Do List, tap the document you want to upload.
- Tap the + icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Upload the document by taking a photo, selecting an image from your photo library, or browsing for the file.
When taking a picture, make sure the image is clear and the whole document is visible in your view finder.
- If you want to submit additional pages or documents (for example, if you have Form W-2 from multiple jobs), tap Upload another.
You can upload up to 20 separate files for each document you have to send us.
- Once you’re done, tap Back to go back to your To-Do List and complete any other remaining tasks.
That's it! We get a notification about your document when it's added, so there's nothing you need to do to confirm that we've received it.
It may take up to four business days for us to review your documents. If we need anything else from you, we'll get in touch!
Tips on uploading
Make sure of the following so we can move ahead quickly with your application:
- Your file size is 8 megabytes (MB) or smaller
- Your file type is GIF, JPG, PDF, PNG, or TIFF
- Your document is clear and legible
- Your name is on the document
- The document shows an address that matches the address you provided on your loan application, if relevant
- The document is current—not expired
- All pages of the document are included (yes, even those weird blank ones at the end!)
- None of your pages are cut off
How to fax your documents
If you'd rather fax your documents, there's a customized fax cover sheet in your account at the bottom of your To-Do List.
- Click I'd prefer to fax my documents at the bottom of your To-Do List.
- Select which documents you'd like to fax us.
- Click Print Fax Cover Sheet, and fill the sheet out.
- Fax the cover sheet with your documents to 415-276-6323.
If you don't have access to a printer, you can just create a cover page that includes the following:
- Your name
- Your loan number
- Total number of pages in your fax