To process your loan application, we may ask you to provide documentation to help us verify your identity, income, or employment. You can see which documents we need from you in your To-Do List. With just a few taps, you can send us documents for your loan directly from your mobile device’s built-in camera. The fastest and easiest way for you to send us documents that we’ve requested is to upload them directly in your Account Summary.
Prefer to upload from your computer? Learn how.
Get some tips on uploading.
Prefer to fax your documents? Learn how.
Here’s how to upload documents from your mobile device:
- Sign in to your account.
The Account Summary page shows your To-Do List with our requests for additional information to help us speed the processing of your loan.
- From your To-Do List, tap the document you want to upload.
- Tap the + icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Upload the document by taking a photo, selecting an image from your photo library, or browsing for the file.
When taking a picture, make sure the image is clear and the whole document is visible in your view finder. (Hold really still for crisp and clear pictures!)
- If you want to submit additional pages or documents (for example, if you have Form W-2 from multiple jobs), tap Upload another.
You can upload up to 20 separate files for each document you have to send us.
- Once you’re done, tap Back to go back to your To-Do List and complete any other remaining tasks.
That's it! We get an automatic notification about your document when it's added to your account, so there's nothing you need to do to confirm that we've received it.
It may take up to four business days for us to review it. If we need anything else from you while we review your information, we'll get in touch with you.
Tips on uploading
Make sure of the following so we can move ahead quickly with your application:
- Your file size is 8 megabytes (MB) or smaller
- Your file type is GIF, JPG, PDF, PNG, or TIFF
- Your document is clear and legible
- Your name is on the document
- The document shows an address that matches the address you provided on your loan application, if relevant
- The document is currently valid—not expired
- You've included all pages of the document (yes, even those weird blank ones at the end!)
- None of your pages are cut off
If any of the above is missing, we'll ask you to resubmit your document to fix the issue so we can have all the information needed to move your application forward.
How to fax your documents
If you prefer to fax your documents to us, you can find a customized fax cover sheet in your account at the bottom of your To-Do List.
- Click I'd prefer to fax my documents at the bottom of your To-Do List.
- Select which documents you'd like to fax us.
- Click Print Fax Cover Sheet, and fill the sheet out.
- Fax the cover sheet with your documents to 415-276-6323.
If you don't have access to a printer, you can just create a cover page that includes the following:
- Your name
- Your loan number
- Total number of pages in your fax