Every day, we're trying to make it simpler to apply for a loan. Once you submit your application, we'll try to confirm your information on our own. Sometimes, we may need a few things from you to confirm your identity, income, or employment.
The fastest and easiest way for you provide documents is to upload them right in your To-Do List in your account, where you can see which documents you'll need to submit.
Prefer to upload from your mobile device? See how in this article.
Get some tips on uploading.
Prefer to fax your documents? See how in this article.
Here’s how to upload documents from your computer:
- Scan or take a picture of the document, and save it on your computer.
If you’re taking a picture, be sure to set the document on a flat, cleared surface that’s darker than the document.
- Make sure the image is clear, legible, and includes the whole page.
- Sign in to your account to see your To-Do List.
- Click the document you want to upload.
- Click Choose files to select the file you want to upload, or drag and drop the file from your computer.
- If you want to submit additional pages or documents (for example, if you have a W-2 from another job), click Choose files again, or drag and drop the other files from your computer. You can upload up to 20 separate files for each document type you send us.
- Once you’re done, click Back to go back to your To-Do List and wrap up any other tasks.
That's it! We get a notification about your document when it's added to your account, so there's nothing you need to do to confirm that we've received it.
It may take up to four business days for us to review your documents. If we need anything else from you, we'll get in touch!
Tips on uploading
Follow these tips when providing documents so you don't have to send a new copy:
- Your file size is 8 megabytes (MB) or smaller
- Your file type is GIF, JPG, PDF, PNG, or TIFF
- Your document is clear, legible, and includes all four corners (none of your pages are cut off)
- Your name is on the document
- The document shows an address that matches the address you provided on your loan application, if relevant
- The document is current—not expired
- All pages of the document are included (yes, even those weird blank ones at the end!)
How to fax your documents
If you'd rather fax your documents, there's a customized fax cover sheet in your account at the bottom of your To-Do List.
- Click I'd prefer to fax my documents at the bottom of your To-Do List.
- Select which documents you'd like to fax us.
- Click Print Fax Cover Sheet, and fill the sheet out.
- Fax the cover sheet with your documents to 415-276-6323.
If you don't have access to a printer, you can just create a cover page that includes the following:
- Your name
- Your loan number
- Total number of pages in your fax