Every day, we're trying to make it simpler to apply for a loan. Once you submit your application, we'll try to confirm your information on our own. Sometimes, we may need a few things from you to confirm your identity, income, or employment.
The fastest and easiest way to submit documents is to upload them right in your account. Check out your To-Do List to see what you have left to wrap up your application.
Prefer to upload from your mobile device? See how in this article.
Get some tips on uploading.
Prefer to fax your documents? See how in this article.
To upload documents from your computer:
- Scan or take a picture of the document, and save it on your computer.
If you’re taking a picture, be sure to set the document on a flat, clear surface that’s darker than the document.
- Make sure the image is clear, legible, and includes the whole page.
- Sign in to your account to see your To-Do List.
- Click the document you want to upload.
- Click Choose files to select the file you want to upload, or drag and drop the file from your computer.
- If you want to submit additional pages or documents, simply click Choose files You can also drag and drop the other files from your computer instead. You can upload up to 20 separate files for each document type.
That's it! We get a notification about your document when it's added to your account, so there's nothing you need to do to confirm that we've received it.
It may take up to four business days for us to review your documents. If we need anything else from you, we'll get in touch!
Tips on uploading
Follow these tips to make sure your documents are ready for review:
- File is 8 megabytes (MB) or smaller
- File type is GIF, JPG, PDF, PNG, or TIFF
- Document is clear and legible
- Your name is on the document
- It shows an address that matches the address you provided on your loan application, if relevant
- Document is current—not expired
- All pages are included (yes, even those weird blank ones at the end!)
- None of the pages are cut off
How to fax your documents
If you'd rather fax your documents, there's a customized fax cover sheet in your account at the bottom of your To-Do List.
- Click I'd prefer to fax my documents at the bottom of your To-Do List.
- Select which documents you'd like to fax.
- Click Print Fax Cover Sheet, and fill it out.
- Fax the cover sheet with your documents to 415-276-6323.
If you don't have access to a printer, you can make a cover page instead. Just make sure it includes:
- Your name
- Your loan number
- Total number of pages in your fax