Once you've submitted your application, we may ask for additional information or documents to verify your identity, income, and employment status.
We’ll notify you if there’s something we need, but you can also view the To-Do List in your Account Summary at any time to see what we're waiting for.
Here are some of the things we might request. Each request in your To-Do List includes detailed instructions about the type of information and number of documents we need.
- Tax forms and tax returns. We use these to verify your income. We may ask for copies of your recent tax returns, or for tax forms, such as a W-2 or 1099.
- IRS 4506-T form. We use this form to request copies of your tax returns, W-2, and 1099 forms directly from the IRS. A completed form can quickly help us verify your income. If we’ve asked you to you submit this form, you can download it right from your To-Do List or from the IRS. See Completing the 4506-T form for instructions on how to fill it out.
- Proof of income. We may ask for additional documents to verify your income, such as recent bank statements or pay stubs. In some cases, we may need proof of income for alimony or child support, pension or annuity income, or disability insurance or workers compensation benefits, or other types of income.
- Proof of identity and address. We may request a copy of your government-issued photo ID, recent utility bills, or other documents to verify your identity and current address. Other documents we can accept include the following, provided they include your name and current address:
- Cable, water, waste management, phone, or local gas or electricity bill
- Vehicle or voter registration (must show a physical address)
- Lease agreement
- Bank or mortgage statements
- Government-issued photo ID
- Pay stubs
- Official change of address confirmation from USPS
- Automobile, homeowner's or renter's insurance