To borrow through LendingClub, you must be:
- A United States citizen or permanent resident, or living in the U.S. on a valid, long-term visa
- At least 18 years old
- The holder of a verifiable bank account
At this time, we can’t accept loan applications from residents of Iowa, West Virginia, Guam or Puerto Rico.
How we evaluate applications
In evaluating applications, we consider a number of factors, including:
- Information you provide on your loan application
- Information provided about you by credit bureaus
- Your credit score
- Other information that predicts the likelihood that you'll make on-time payments until your loan is fully repaid
Applicants who qualify for the lowest rates typically have excellent credit, including:
- A high credit score
- A low percentage of total outstanding debt compared with income
- A long history of credit with significant successful credit lines
Learn more about rates for personal loans.